CHAPTER 2 – Rise and Shine!
Welcome Back Warrior Chicks! It was another GREAT Friday group meeting and I am so excited about how God is using this book to reach so many people!
Before we get going on the notes…I want to say HELLO to all our friends in South Africa who are joining us in the study of the book! I wish you guys were here with us, but we celebrate together as WARRIORS!
Psalms 139:11-12 – If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.
How can the darkness of your situation appear as light?
– It’s my choice – I had to make a decision to be focused on plugging forward…for me, it was a huge time of spiritual growth (husband – thyroid cancer)
– I believe you make the choice to believe that everything will work out for good.
-? – Would you chance your actions if you could? – No, during that time there were others watching, learning, and growing through it.
*** In tough times you have two choices, to be a whiner or a WARRIOR! ***
How is a woman from the past or present whose life challenges you to rise? Imagine that she is cheering you on.
– My mom, even though we just had a fight on the phone.
– my mom, we moved here from Columbia with only 2 bags for each of us. She moved us here to make a better life for us – she moved us out of Columbia for our protection and safety.
– my mum, it has been a life long relationship, its a constant learning process (watching the good and the bad).
– My mom was the comfortee – when you went to comfort her you always walked away comforted.
– My grandma – she was a single mom in the years after the depression when being a single mom, see post here, raised 8 kids on her own, had three jobs, and is the matriarch of the family who have grown from 8 to over 120 people…what a woman!
Who is watching you fight your battles? Your daughter? Your coworker? Your friend? List everyone who is following your lead.
– My daughter is watching and learning – she has been able to walk through her stuff just by watching me…and she is 10 years old.
– My two teenage daughters
– My friends, my kids, my husband, my family
How do you feel knowing they are watching?
– Huge responsibility in knowing…
OK…now it is up to you, our online Book Group Chicks!!! Go to page 199 in the back of the book and tackle some of the questions, or post about these questions or answers!
Start Posting, I can’t wait to hear from you…