Hey There Warrior Chicks!!! Sorry this post is out a little late today…but, it’s here now and I am super excited to share with you some of the insights, thoughts, and comments from today’s Book Group meeting about Chapter 3!
If you weren’t able to make it today go ahead and post your thoughts in a comment below…
…but as WARRIORS we will be required to stay at our post.
1) To what posts have you been assigned? (examples…mom, wife, friend, believer, teacher, singer, etc.)
– wife – it is not my husband’s job to make me happy, it is MY JOB!
– mom – with teenagers it is so much harder…with every sentence I say they give me four sentences back for their rebuttle.
– mom – kids can and will wear you down, but you can’t say WHATEVER, you have to say Whatever it takes.
– wife – it is not always easy being in a relationship…as a matter of fact, it is actually hard work. It takes dedication, love, and prayer to make it in a marriage.
– wife – listen when he talks…ouch, that is so true…but it is also so hard to do…it takes forever for him to just say it…I love him, but I don’t always listen very well.
2) When have you been tempted to abandon one of them?
3) How has your decision not to abandon it affected your life?
– as a wife, it has made my marriage so much richer…my husband is my BEST friend…he is the FIRST one I want to share my good news with, want to cry with, and want to be with when it feels like the whole world is against me!
4) Is there a post you are tempted to leave right now?
(side note on criticism, stand your post in the midst of criticism…if we start to believe the junk then we will 2nd guess our post…and, why is it so much easier to listen to, and believe the junk (negativity)?)
5) How can you rekindle the enthusiasm, the passion, with which you first began serving at this post?
– wife, mother, friend – sit back and remember when that relatioship first began…what did you do together, what made it special…
6) Is there an older woman in your life who stayed at her post? Give her a call. Thank her for staying and then ask her for wisdom.
– my mother in law – she is a strong, confident woman whom I admire and respect greatly!
7) Meditate on 2 Corinthians 6:3-10 this week (see below). Let these life giving words encourage you to keep going!
2 Corinthians 6:3-10
We put no stumbling block in anyone’s path, so that our ministry will not be discredited. Rather, as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: in great endurance; in troubles, hardships and distresses; in beatings, imprisonments and riots; in hard work, sleepless nights and hunger; in purity, understanding, patience and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; in truthful speech and in the power of God; with weapons of righteousness in the right hand and in the left; through glory and dishonor, bad report and good report; genuine, yet regarded as impostors; known, yet regarded as unknown; dying, and yet we live on; beaten, and yet not killed; sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; poor, yet making many rich; having nothing, and yet possessing everything.
Now…take a minute, answer some of the questions, and let me know what really touched you this week as we read about STAYING YOUR POST!