1) Anything below 70 degrees in South Florida constitutes COLD weather
2) Living in South Florida totally warps your view point on COLD weather (see item #1)
3) South Floridians don’t generally have COLD weather clothes so we add layer upon layer
4) We forget that when the temperature drops that means you may actually have to turn on the heater in your house.
5) Addition to #4 – you also forget that the heater hasn’t been turned on in years and it totally stinks when it kicks on (smells burnt…then you wonder if the house might burn down just from that nasty smell, or is that just me?)
6) COLD weather makes getting out of bed SO much harder…you have spent hours in the COLD bed trying to make the perfect snuggle spot! Turn off the alarm…I love the snooze button, don’t you?
7) When you do finally get out of bed and make it to the bathroom in record time you completely forget that the toilet WILL be freezing and suddenly you are wide eyed and ready for your day.
8) When you go to wash your hands and face you forget to turn on the WARM water first and now are REALLY wide eyed and ready for your day!
9) At this point you just want some coffee and comfort and you pick up whatever clothes might be lying around and keep adding them on to your body (remember that layer comment in #3)
10) When you finally get dressed and head out for the day you bundle up the kids and run to the car. When you get in the car you see that the temperature is at nearly freezing (55 degrees) and thank God that you are not living up North right now.
This is sad, but this is an accurate account of my day today…thought you might get a chuckle out of it!