I’ve been blogging for three years now. Wow! Wait a minute. Can it really be three years now? Yeah, I guess it has been three years…that’s awesome!
Any who, that wasn’t the point, the point is actually a question that I get quite often, and that is “Why Mel’s World?”. Which is actually a great question, and at first I used to say, “Because I live in my ‘own little world’ and I like it there!”. But as I continue to mature (I think, that one’s up for debate) and also grow in wisdom I wanted to take a few minutes to share with you “Why Mel’s World?” and also “What is Mel’s World about?”.
I hope this helps you to get a better idea of who I am and what this blog is all about. At first this blog was just a place for me to share a little bit about my family and the life we lead in ministry, but over time it has become an opportunity to passionately share God’s grace & goodness in my life/family.
Why Mel’s World?
* Over the years I am learning that it’s ok to be me. I don’t have to “fit in” to what everyone else is doing, I don’t have to be perfect and I don’t have to be what everyone else is. I’m FREE to be me, and so Mel’s World is just that, a place where I can be ME.
* Also, I wanted to ground my blog and ministry in what is true, noble, and right, and that’s the Word of God. The Mel’s World Ministry verse is Romans 12:2, and if you take a look at the blog header you will see it up there. Romans 12:2 NIV says, “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
What is Mel’s World all About?
* First and foremost it is about glorifying God through everything I do, say, and write here. I want my life to be an offering to Him and I want you to walk away from Mel’s World refreshed and encouraged.
* There are a few major cornerstones to what I write about here and that is quite simply anything that fits into these categories; Faith, Family, Friends (with lots of Live, Laugh, & Love in the mix). In all reality this is exactly how I live my life…my faith first, my family next, then come my friends.
A Little Bit About Me (Mel):
* Well, actually, my name isn’t Mel, it’s Melissa, but for some reason I have always been called a “Mel”, so it has actually grown on me.
* I’m a 38 year old Daughter of the King, Married to a Pastor, and Mom to two teenage boys! I live loud (just ask the hubby) and love hard. I’m a what you see is what you get and speak the truth in love kind of girl.
* I’m a freelance writer, Christian speaker, Bible study teacher, Kids Ministry Director, and all the other hats that Pastor’s wives wear, but one that I don’t wear is the “Patty Perfect Pastor’s Wife” hat…I laid that one down a few years ago after trying and trying to be her, it just wasn’t possible.
I love having you stop by and visit with me in Mel’s World. It is my heart that by getting to know me that you would get to know Him and if there is ever anything I can do for you or pray for you, then please let me know, I would be honored to do that for you.
Now that you know a little bit more about Mel’s World, why don’t you take a minute and tell me a little bit more about you! I’m looking forward to getting to know you too!