If you are on Twitter and want up to the minute updates/praises/prayer requests during the missions trip (August 14-18), then you can follow my husband, Pastor Matt Mashburn, @mattmashburn, he will be tweeting from Haiti.
…until my husband and oldest son leave for a missions trip to Haiti!
I can not even begin to tell you how excited I am for them, and if we are being completely honest (which I always shoot straight with you) I am more than a tad bit nervous too…but I put my trust in Him and know that all will be well!
Before I get ahead of myself, let me back up a little bit and tell you some of the awesome things God has been doing in preparation for this trip!
* After the earthquake in January our church knew that we wanted to do something to help out immediately but that we also needed to do something in Haiti long term as well.
* Our church partnered with an incredible organization called GCA (Great Commission Alliance) to start working out details for future missions trips to Haiti.
* In May 2010 my husband went with one of our missions leaders to Haiti to begin preparing our church to go on group missions trips within the next few months.
Here is a video from their trip…
* This summer my oldest son (16) has been reading CRAZY LOVE, by Francis Chan and just a few weeks ago was able to hear Francis Chan speak at student camp (BigStuf Daytona Beach). Since reading the book and hearing Francis Chan speak his whole outlook on life and missions has radically changed…his world has been rocked and God is preparing to do a new work in his life (so excited for him). *** This is our son’s first mission trip.
* The missions trip costs about $1000 a person and we’ve been struggling to figure out how we are going to pay for this trip. Last week we sent out emails and letters to a few friends and family members and within 5 days the entire trip had been covered…go God!
(Thank you to everyone who helped…you will never know just how you have blessed us!)
So here we are…4 days out and ready to watch God in action!
Would you please do me a favor?
Would you take some time over the next week or so to pray?
Specifically for the following things:
– for the 23 people going
– for their safety/protection
– for them to make an impact for Christ while they are there
– for God to do a new thing in their lives
– for the kids in the orphanages they will be working with
– for the people of Haiti
Thank you so much! I can’t wait to share with you some of the amazing stories of Hope, Grace, and God’s Love…I know this will be a life changing week for those 23 people and prayerfully for the people of Haiti as well. I truly covet and appreciate your prayers!