Last weekend I had a great time at the Women of Faith conference. They met at the Bank Atlantic Center in Sunrise, FL and over 6,000 of my sisters-in-Christ joined me as we shared the joys of being Christ followers.
I wanted to take a minute to share with you some of the notes/ideas that I had from the first day of the conference…it is actually from the Pre-Conference…(thanks Lilibeth for the great idea!)
Beth Moore (Pre-Conference) – WORDS!
* God’s words are omnipotent, man’s words are potent. (that is SO true!)
* Between temptation and participation is always a conversation.
* James 1:19 (I have always loved this verse), “Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger.” (that was my life verse when I first became a Christian)
* God will use words to cure us of words
* Spoken words have MORE power than the silent words in our hearts.
* Omnipotent words are the ONLY words that can heal potent words.
* Worst state of ANY relationship is when you are NOT talking. (so true)
* The enemy will NEVER be able to penetrate over praise. (For me personally it was the songs of Charles Billingsea that helped me through the tough times when my son, Nick, was in the PICU for 51 days…”I am empty, and you are Holy!“.)
* Every day God will give you a word that can be used to bless someone. (I LOVE that!)
* Speak a word of encouragement to everyone around you.
* Who has hurt you with reckless words? (I have struggled with this one for awhile…thank you for the freeing power of God’s omnipotent words)
* When you speak what you believe there is power in that!
* Our words are telling us something about our heart! (ouch!)
* Think to yourself…”what hurt did that come from when it came out of your mouth?”
* Ask God to annoint my words with the Spirit of God so I can bless people
* Isaiah 6:5…”SEND ME!” (I love that!)
I got all this great stuff even before the regular conference began…I think God was speaking RIGHT to me through His Word! ~Melissa