WARRIOR CHICKS – Chapter 1
Friday Coffee Chicks Book Group
Ok, so do you want to hear how awesome God is…I mean, we all know that He is the all powerful, almighty, everywhere at one time, knock your socks off, awesome God…right? Well, today was the very first meeting of the new Friday Coffee Chicks Book Group.
Can I just tell you that God was definitely there…it was amazing, and the coolest part of it is that He is still here right now with you and everyone else reading this. There were about 10 of us there this morning and I have emails from about another 15 people that I know of (countless others that I have no clue about) that are doing the book and checking in here online to be a part of the group!!! Whoa, it just rocks my world…how awesome He is!
If you have read your Chapter (#1 – Bellisima!) good for you…if you have not, or have not even picked up your book yet…don’t sweat it…pick it up and get in here with us. You can go online and pick it up directly from Holly Wagner herself…just click here.
Here are some of the notes from this mornings session…
– what battle are your fighting?
– Been at church for 13 years, I have two teenagers who don’t always want to come and a husband who is an unbeliever. She feels like she is in a battle to show them Christ.
– Don’t develop a “whatever it is” or “whatever will be” mentality…if it is important to you turn it around into a “WHATEVER IT TAKES” attitude! Fight for it!
– Pick your battles, especially if you are vested in it.
– list the lies you believe in your head…
– I am not a godly woman, I am not a good mom, I can’t possibly parent teenagers, I am not a good wife if my husband doesn’t know God, I will never be good enough, who am I to make a difference in this world for God?
– When we compare ourselves to other people we are only looking at a “perfect” snapshot of that persons life and we are expecting it to always be that way.
– No matter where we are in life we always tend to look around at other people’s lives and think they have it better.
Now, it’s your turn…what part of Chapter 1 spoke to you, what touched your heart, what encouraged you…if you look back at Page 198 you will see the questions that we discussed this morning…I would love for you to share some of your thoughts on those questions…
The comments are OPEN…come on in and join us in the discussion!