I know I have been on a “Book Kick” in my posts, but hang with me here…it will end tomorrow with the first post from the GET OUT OF THAT PIT Online Book Group, really…it will.
Here’s the deal, I have always LOVED books, but didn’t necessarily love reading so I had to figure out how to capitalize on my love of books and learning AND also sit down and read…and here’s what happened.
Dh (who is a genius) came up with this great plan for his reading and I have adapted it for my reading as well…and who knows, maybe it will be just what you need to get to reading again!
Every day I read 6 books (preferably in the morning)…but I only read them for about 5-10 minutes each. Yep…not too long, not too short. I tend get antsy after a bit and need to move on, so this works perfect for me.
Here’s what I am reading…
– Everday Blessings (Daily Devotional) by Max Lucado
– Leadership Promises for Every Day (Daily Devotional) by John Maxwell
– Holy Bible (NLT) – reading through Judges right now
– Parents Guide to Teen Health, Raising Physically & Emotionally Healthy Teens by Focus on the Family
– The Journey (How to live by faith in an uncertain world) by Billy Graham
– Going All the Way (preparing for a marriage that goes the distance) by Craig Groeschel
– Journal time
– I read the two daily devotionals to prepare my heart and mind for reading my Bible.
– I read the Good Word to focus my thoughts on His way for my day.
– I read the Parents book because my kids mean everything to me and I want to be a great mom!
– I read the spiritual health book (Billy Graham) to strengthen my faith/spiritual life.
– I read the Marriage book because nothing is more important in the whole world than being the best wife I can be for my dear hubby.
– then I journal (not always) my thoughts, ideas, or whatever God says to me throughout this time.
I also have other books that I have started and am reading, but they are only picked up when the others are read and there happens to be a “spare moment” (Which, by the way, my blogging has taken most of, can you relate?).
Here are the other books that have been cracked open, dog eared, and ready for me to get off the computer…
– Made to Stick, by Chip & Dan Heath
– Finding God’s path through your trials, Elizabeth George (LOVE HER! I also am doing the study with it…a very sweet friend gave this to me)
– Coaching Your Kids to be Leaders, by Pat Williams
– Getting Things Done, by David Allen
– Divine Nobodies, by Jim Palmer