I was tagged by Tara at Tara’s View of the World to list 7 things about me, so here it goes!
1. I have been blogging here in Mel’s World for two years in August 2008. I started a new blog a couple of weeks ago called Mel’s World Travel Biz, where I talk a lot about owning your own home based business (the why, how, and what to do’s necessary).
2. I have a kitty cat named Willie…you can see him here, and just recently a new kitty cat friend has adopted us and his name is Butterscotch. He stays outside, but he is super lovable and a great new addition to the Mashburn family.
3. I have been married to my best friend, Matt, for almost 15 years (can hardly believe it sometimes…ha!). We have two amazing sons, Nick 14, and Bailey 12, they are everything to me. (We have had birthday party month here at our house…check at the beginning of March to see some of the pics).
4. I was born and raised in a small town just outside of Louisville, KY. Check out some of the pics of my last trip here.
5. God radically changed my life in 1994 and I have never been the same again. He has passionately pursued me and in return for His gracious and everlasting love I have decided to passionately pursue all the dreams He has laid on my heart.
6. My oldest son was in a serious health situation back in August 2005 and we almost lost him three times. He spent 51 days in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) at Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital. I haven’t written about it in complete detail because it still is so very difficult for me. He is now strong, healthy, and is growing in his faith walk each and every day (he knows he was saved for a reason). He has diabetes as a result of the trauma of his condition (pancreatitis), but even today we are optimistic and confident that he will even be able to break free from that as well.
7. About 5 months ago I started my own internet travel company (Mashburn Travel) with my husband and have been enjoying the “perks” and benefits associated with the company (taxes, travel, vacations, commissions, etc.). This new internet travel company was the reason I began the other blog (Mel’s World Travel Biz). It is my goal with that blog to educate and inform people about the benefits of owning your own home based business, some tips and information, and to explain how my travel company works. I am super excited about the adventure that God has me on!
So, enough about me…I know some of you are “squirming” hoping I don’t TAG you, so I won’t…but if you are interested in doing this meme I would love to know that you did it! It’s always great to get to know more about our bloggy buddies!