In all the missions trips my husband has been blessed to be on (Cuba, Guatemala & Haiti) there were things in each place that completely broke his heart.
The oppression in Cuba, the extreme poverty & devastation in Haiti, and poverty in Guatemala. On each trip he went with a different organization and experienced what life is like in those countries. I’ve talked a lot lately about his trip to Haiti with GCA (Great Commission Alliance
) but I also wanted to share with you about his trip to Guatemala last year with Compassion
While he was in Guatemala he had the awesome honor of meeting our sweet Compassion daughter, Erika. They went to her school, went to her house to meet her family, went to her church and even got to spend the day taking Erika and her mom (see below) to the amusement park.
(photo taken by Sheila Englund)
While he was also there he met with tons of other kids, LDP students and with the Compassion staff in the area and they all said the same thing…
Your Letters Make a HUGE Difference!!!
Story after story after story just reaffirmed that your letters are some of the most special treasures to these kids!
Get this…our friends over at (in)courage
(love those gals!
) have partnered with DaySpring cards
to stand up and make a difference this Thanksgiving for so many kids that just need a word of encouragement!
That’s where YOU come in!
Well you, DaySpring, and Compassion International. From now through November 29th (the Monday after Thanksgiving) Studio DaySpring will be hosting a Christmas Card Drive for the children of Ecuador.
You design the card, Compassion will translate it, DaySpring will print it, and a team from both organizations will travel to Ecuador to deliver it in person in time for Christmas!
Four student projects with over 100 unsponsored kids are looking forward to hearing from YOU!
Did your tummy just do the happy flip? Mine sure did!
Here’s how it works:
- Click here to go to the Studio DaySpring Christmas Card Drive page.
- Design a card for a super special kid in Ecuador just dying to hear from YOU (for as little as $1.99).
- Tell them what makes them so worth celebrating this Christmas season.
- Include a photo of you and your family and a little bit about you so they know who the card’s coming from – kids LOVE photos!
- Bear in mind we’ll need some room on the card to translate your message into Spanish.
- Add to Cart and Voila – you’ve just created a Christmas message that will be hand delivered from you to a child in Ecuador. Our team will be there December 11-16.
- Oh and we’ve got a blog button to help spread the word – you can grab it off our side bar.
Kind words are like honey – sweet to the taste and good for your health. Proverbs 16:24.
Your words will nourish no matter whose hands your card finds its way home to. You don’t have to know a child to impact their life. You only have to know the Jesus you both have in common.
Come on…what are you waiting for?
This is something we can do right where we are!