Release: One Word 365
Doesn’t it just NEED an ellipses after it?
Oh, if you only knew how much I’ve wrestled with this #OneWord365. I’ve actually had it picked out and ready to go since mid-January, but to be quite honest I’ve simply struggled to share my word and the reasons behind it.
Should be easy enough, right? But, it’s the gut honest truth that scares the hibbie jibbies out of me. You know, that jump and see what happens kinda thing. Yeah, that’s pretty much this one for me.
For the last 4 years I’ve jumped on board with the One Word 365 (click the link to find out how you can get involved too–it’s not too late) that the brilliant and witty Alece Ronzino (known online as Grit and Glory) started back in 2009. It’s so much more than picking a word and running with it, well, at least it is for me.
I spend a day walking, talking and wrestling with God with what my #OneWord365 focus should be for that year. I have a piece of paper beside my desk and throughout the day I write down various words that come to my heart.
Here is my list from this year;
As you can see, there are a lot of “words” on that list, but at some point throughout the day I wrote “RELEASE” and underlined it. It was right then and there that I knew that this is my word for 2014.
Here’s what I found out about the word RELEASE from Dictionary.com:
verb (used with object), re·leased, re·leas·ing.
That’s great and all, but for me RELEASE means so much more…
- Releasing my kids to be adults, they are now 18 and 20 and hardly need their mom in every single decision in their lives, but after raising them for 18 and 20 years it is oh so hard for this mama to RELEASE the reigns a little bit. (Yes Lord, I know you are working with me on this.)
- Releasing my marriage to be better than ever before, our entire married life has been “with kids” (I became pregnant a little over a month after getting married almost 21 years ago) — it’s time to start a new adventure with my wonderful, godly husband.
- Releasing the stress, worry and anxiety that comes along with having a child (ok, ok…he’s an adult now) with serious medical issues and trusting that God has a plan for these things in his life and ministry.
- Releasing my idea of where I should be in my career as a writer/speaker and resting in His perfect timing.
- Releasing myself from the need to “control” things and giving them over to God to do them in His way and in His time.
- Releasing the pressure to be “Patty Perfect Pastor’s Wife” and just be the me God created me to be…flaws and all.
It’s been a couple of months now and I’m still working through my #OneWord365, but I have no doubt at all that RELEASE it one of those that is going to be easier said than done and also it’s going to have to be covered, smothered and blanketed in prayers.I’d love it if you get a chance and feel led to join me in prayer…
- For God to reveal Himself to me through my #OneWord365 – Release,
- If you haven’t picked out a #OneWord365 for yourself, for God to show you what your One Word might be,
- If you do have your word picked out, that your #OneWord365 would be the filter that makes this year your most insightful, inspiring and incredible year yet.
I can’t wait to hear from you…
- What’s your #OneWord365?
- What’s God showing you through your #OneWord365?
Don’t forget to go over to visit the #OneWord365 website to find more people just like you and hear their #OneWord365 stories too!
Seeking JOY on the Journey,